Antifungal nail polish will help you quickly get rid of the mycosis that has affected the nails on your fingers or toes. This is the most practical and most suitable local remedy because, unlike drugs that have a creamy or gel texture, it is not erased.
It is recommended to use nail polish if the surface of the nail damaged by the fungus does not exceed 60%. Used as a stand-alone drug, it can be prescribed as part of a complex therapy.
Advantages and disadvantages of varnishes
Nail fungus varnishes have a liquid structure, which allows them to penetrate into the very depth of the nail plate and fight infection more effectively. A protective film is formed on the nail surface. It prevents the flow of oxygen from the outside, which is harmful to fungal microorganisms. In addition, thanks to this film, the concentration of medicinal substances inside the nail remains high.
Most nail fungus varnishes not only fight diseases, but also improve the condition of the plates. Nails become stronger, healthier and stronger. The use of varnishes to prevent fungal infections is usually allowed. They are invisible, so they can be used when visiting swimming pools, bathrooms, gyms and other public places where the risk of infection is increased.
The main disadvantages of nail fungus varnishes:
- Nail fungus treatments are expensive. In addition, they all have contraindications for use.
- Some varnishes contain toxic compounds in their composition, so they are not recommended for the treatment of children and pregnant women.
In general, nail fungus treatment is an effective tool that allows you to get rid of diseases in a quality way.
Preparation for the procedure
Preparation for the application of the drug is necessary in order to increase its effectiveness. The easiest option is mating with therapeutic baths.
They are performed as follows:
- In hot water, add a few tablespoons of sea salt, essential oils, shavings of laundry soap;
- Take a bath for 15-20 minutes;
- After the procedure, the feet are thoroughly dried with a towel;
- The nails are trimmed and filed. Blisters are removed.
The board should then be treated with a cloth soaked in an alcoholic solution. It is necessary for disinfection. To facilitate the penetration of active ingredients, you can file the nail on the outside so that it becomes rough. The use of varnish does not require removal of the plate.
Some expert advice:
- Before starting treatment, it is necessary to get the advice of a specialist who will tell you exactly which strain of the fungus affects the nail;
- In case of damage to the growth zone of the nail plate, treatment should be comprehensive. In addition to external means of application, antifungals will be needed to completely destroy the infection;
- Do not be upset if lesions remain on the nail after the treatment. Most likely, the fungus itself is already dead, and its waste products are still under the nail. In this case, a medical pedicure will help.
Antifungal varnish treatment has many advantages. The use of such drugs is efficient, practical and comfortable, which allows you to lead an active lifestyle without losing comfort!
Contraindications and side effects
When treating fungal infections on the nails, it should not be forgotten that fungicidal varnishes are a therapeutic and not a cosmetic product. Therefore, they should be used strictly according to the instructions and after consulting a doctor. Most varnishes have the same contraindications. They cannot be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding, in early childhood (up to 4 years) and with intolerance to the components of the therapeutic agent.
In some cases, in people with hypersensitivity, the use of fungal varnish can cause adverse allergic reactions that are manifested by redness of the skin, itching and urticaria. Therefore, take care of your own health and use antifungal agents strictly in accordance with the recommendations of experts.
Some reviews of people who have treated nail fungus varnishes.
- My mom used nail polish. The drug is expensive, but copes well with unpleasant symptoms. It has a pleasant smell, and after applying it on the affected nail, a feeling of coldness is created, unpleasant itching and other discomforts disappear. I can notice that my mother's toenails have been cleaned, and since I had to take care of them every day during the treatment, they now look much better than before the treatment. The nail polish creates a strong film on the nail and you can no longer be afraid that the fungus will spread further.
- I once discovered this problem in myself and went to the doctor. He recommended a cheap nail polish. Judging by the description, the drug is concentrated and very effective. Fixed the fungus problem in a week.
Most people react positively to medicinal varnishes. The only significant disadvantage of these compositions is the high cost.
A large number of therapeutic agents are actively used not only for the treatment of fungal diseases, but also for the prevention of fungal infections in those people who are predisposed to such diseases.
It should be borne in mind that almost all antifungal varnishes contain a large amount of toxins, so it is recommended to study the instructions and composition of the product in detail before starting preventive measures.
For preventive purposes it is recommended:
- wear shoes on the beach, in the pool, sauna or bathtub (preferably closed and rubber);
- use cotton socks, which are recommended to change daily;
- do not wear your own shoes;
- after showering and bathing, it is worth carefully wiping your feet and hands;
- keep your feet and hands dry.
Today, antifungal varnishes have gained great popularity and received a lot of positive feedback, both from doctors and from the people who used them.